Teachers For Children with Autism
Join our team!
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!
Help us open doors and create independent and productive lives for students with autism and developmental disabilities. If you're a highly motivated person who wants to thrive in a high-energy, leading-edge educational environment, you will find that NECC is a great place to build your career and professional skills. We have upcoming openings for professional teaching positions.
All of our teachers, regardless of previous experience, receive extensive training and learn to apply the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to teach children, adolescents, and young adults to acquire skills and maximize independence in the areas of academics, socialization, self-control of behavior, activities of daily living, communication and employment services. Whether working in the school or the community or the residence, all teachers are trained to competency and are expected to implement the full range of behavioral and educational programs individually designed for each student.
The entry-level 2 teacher position is typically for individuals who have had some experience working with children with special needs. These teachers work both in the school and in our residences with some evening and weekend hours. While all teachers work with all the students on a team, a level 2 teacher often serves as a case manager for 1 student and is responsible for assisting with educational program design, IEP development, and regular communication with parents and guardians.
We have Great Benefits!
- Skills training in education, theoretical and practical applications of behavior analysis, and behavior management techniques.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and life insurance programs.
- Professional Development including 2 on-site master's degree programs; a Masters of Science in Severe Special Needs through Simmons University, and a Masters in Applied Behavior Analysis through Western New England University.
- Generous tuition for related fields.
- Competitive salaries.
- 5 weeks of paid vacation per year.
- Referral bonuses.
- Relocation assistance and discounted housing options available for those that qualify.
- On-site daycare and integrated preschool
- Employee assistance plan - Our EAP professional is on-site for your confidential assistance.
- ***Up to $10,000 in bonuses for those who qualify based on start date! More information to be discussed during the interview.
- and so MUCH MORE!
Requirements- Applicants must be seeking a full-time position with the flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Applicants must hold a minimum of a bachelor's degree and be physically, mentally, and emotionally prepared for a challenging career experience. Licensed and unlicensed positions available.
- Applicants must have their own transportation and be able to obtain a valid Massachusetts driver's license.
- Applicants must have positive academic and/or employment references.
- Applicants must be bright, energetic individuals with a strong desire to work with children or young adults and with experience in or an interest in being trained in the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Applicants with Massachusetts licensure in Severe Disabilities will be given preference.
- The physical requirements here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of all direct care teaching and overnight positions. Protective holds, movements and carries Blocking and redirecting student movements against the student’s weight (40-250 pounds) Physical interventions in response to aggressive and self-injurious behavior Ability to move quickly and confidently to intervene in situations when protective holds and/or movements are deemed necessary Ability to pursue a bolting student Successful completion of CALM training (non-violent self-defense) Including but not limited to: pivoting, knee squats, shuffling front and backward, carrying people, assisting a person to the floor, stabilizing people in standing, seated, prone and supine positions.
Additional Responsibilities include:- Completion of all role responsibilities, which may include case management, depending on the position.
- Thorough knowledge and competent implementation of all student educational programs and behavior management guidelines.
- Diligent implementation of all medical, safety, and emergency procedures.
- Successful completion of the NECC training program.
EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO email@example.com to APPLY!