Service Center Manager
WHO WE AREOur commitment is to help our members to achieve their goals and dreams by providing exceptional service and acting as a guide, so they never miss a step. Life is an adventure, and we are honored to provide personalized solutions to get people to (or through) whatever comes their way. It’s the IC promise!
The Service Center Manager is responsible for leading and supporting their assigned team in accordance to the Credit Union’s Mission and Vision. The Service Center Manager will follow the direction of the VP Service Operations and support the performance goals and objectives set to contribute to the organizational goals. They will direct efficient daily operation of the department, including lending, product and service sales, business development, member service, and security and safety in accordance with the Credit Union’s objectives.
Supports development in new deposit and loan business; provides a superior level of member relations and promotes the sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation; achieves individual and branch sales goals through new business sales, referrals and retention of account relationships. Provides leadership, training and supervision; delegates day to day operations to the Service Center Assistant Manager or Service Center employees. Actively participates in community affairs to increase the Credit Union visibility and to enhance new and existing business opportunities.
The responsibility of this position is to provide informed advice and service to any member inquiry through all of our retail banking channels including Call Center, Branch Offices, Internet Banking, Online Channels, Lending, or other sales and service delivery channels as described. This position is an advocate for our members and will recommend and refer products and services that will benefit the member’s needs. This does include but is not limited to performing all member service tasks, consumer loan origination, Equity applications and Mortgage applications while adhering to all Credit Union policies, procedures, and Federal Regulations. This position is also responsible for oversight of daily operations of Mobile Deposit processing, Secure Messages, the Glia platform, and overseeing timely and professional responses to emails sent by members to the credit union, as well.
Training: In-Office Training
Schedule: Monday–Thursday (8:00am-5:00pm), Friday (8:00am-5:00pm or 9:00am-6:00pm), and rotating Saturdays (9:00am-12:00pm)
Hybrid Schedule: Primarily in Office with Remote capability
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage the department, with responsibility for its overall physical maintenance, cleanliness, orderliness, etc.
- Hold regular staff meetings to discuss areas needing improvement, goal status, changes in procedures, new developments or services and to present general information.
- Create and support a sales and service culture within the branch; Build and promote department identity, drive sales and promote overall ownership and accountability for improving member service and branch success.
- Establish and maintain ACD Queue Metrics & KPI’s. Monitor and coach employee performance relative to call and queue data.
- Support the Credit Union’s Digital First philosophy by promoting and supporting electronic services and delivery channels.
- Manages, coaches, directs and motivates every department team member to promote and maximize sales opportunities.
- Coordinate with the Service Center Assistant Manager to establish Individual Development Plans for employees.
- Set sales and performance goals, provide training, timely review of employee progress, and maintain performance documentation.
- Ensure that excellence, efficient, accurate and professional service is provided to members.
- Monitor department activity including call and digital interaction flow and volume, employee errors, etc.
- Handle advanced level escalated situations from members concerning personal and business accounts, IC Credit Union products and services, and electronic channels.
- Support the branch network in maintaining solid partnerships with local businesses. Identify new business by networking within the community, and make referrals to retail branches as appropriate.
- Uses established procedures to ensure credit union security is maintained at all times. Ensures building and department security including appropriate control of keys and security codes for responsible building.
- Responsible for assisting in interviewing, selection of applicants and training new hires.
- Required to maintain extensive knowledge of all credit union products and services.
- Engage with Members to encourage the use of electronic devices or services for basic transaction needs and if still needed perform various transactions (e.g. balances, transfers, loan payments, etc.).
- Perform various transactions (e.g., account inquiries and maintenance, Electronic Banking maintenance, core system transactions, etc.) and ensure that all supporting documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Perform various Consumer Loan Applications (e.g. Car Loans, Credit Cards, Personal Loans, etc.) and ensure that all applications and supporting documents are completed accurately and timely.
- Perform Mortgage and Equity Loan Applications and ensure all applications and supporting documents are completed accurately and timely.
- Meet and exceed all assigned individual and team goals.
- Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) number to be maintained.
- Obtain Notary Public or Medallion as requested.
- Regular and reliable attendance and punctuality.
- As required and on a regular basis, participate in the credit union’s training programs. Ensure that all security and regulatory standards are being maintained and followed.
- Actively work with assigned team and assigned team locations to keep a consistent member experience in all locations.
- Set goals and review appropriately all assigned personnel for each location in a timely manner that enhances the credit union’s overall goals. Approve all assigned personnel requests per policy and procedure.
- Enhancing the image of the organization in the community by attending community events, participating in the credit unions volunteer opportunities, and encouraging all positive interactions on social media, and other media outlets.
NONESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in the administration of the Sales and Service programs for the credit union. Ensure that the credit union meets sales, service and growth targets for all assigned delivery and sales channels. Evaluate supervised employee effectiveness and performance through the application of individual and group training techniques and programs. Exceeding the sales goals of the department goals. Enhancing the corporate sales culture.
- Assisting in the advancement and development of department personnel by coaching, reviewing, and holding team meetings.
- Assists in setting sales and performance goals, provide training, timely review of progress, and maintain performance documentation. Ensure that excellence, efficient, accurate and professional service is provided to the members.
- Actively suggests efficiencies through innovative ideas.
- May be required to work in different branch locations
- Ability to Assess Employees - The ability to effectively assess employees using appropriate assessment tools and skills. Alignment of assessments with training goals and established standards. Demonstrated skill in choosing appropriate assessment tool, summarizing and recording results, and communicating information to employees and management.
- Interpersonal Skills: Engaging personality and professional demeanor to interact with members, members of the community and coworkers.
- Communication: Professional written and verbal communications skills with the ability to present as needed.
- Attitude: Energetic, hard-working attitude when work independently or as an integral member of a team.
- Learning Mindset: Constant desire to expand abilities and learn new techniques, skills, and tools.
- Adaptability- The degree to which one demonstrates openness to change and new ideas. Ability to adjust to changing work requirements and respond to new situations.
- Collegiality- The ability to contribute to a positive and productive work atmosphere through mentoring less experienced colleagues, participating on committees, promoting interdisciplinary problem solving, and sharing expertise throughout the organization.
- Job Knowledge- The depth and breadth of know-how to perform essential duties and functions of the job. The level of compliance with degree, certification, and training requirements. Understanding of how individual job performance furthers organizational objectives. Willingness to update and expand skills, knowledge, and training.
- Leadership- The ability to effectively lead others in achieving stated duties and assignments. The degree to which the manager demonstrates a positive example in leading staff toward achievement of company goals and mission.
- Management Effectiveness- The overall ability to supervise and direct people and/or resources to meet department goals. The level at which one is able to motivate people, plan and prioritize unit operations, respond to changing conditions, and manage costs effectively.
- Written Communication- Ability to write memos, letters, agendas, e-mails, proposals, and documents that communicate ideas clearly, accurately, and with proper grammar. The level at which written documents support effective operations and reflect the Company's professional image.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS (Education, Work Experience, Industry Knowledge)
- Minimum five years’ experience in Retail or Branch Banking environment, with at least two years in a manager or supervisor role. Bachelors’ Degree in related field is preferred.
- Solid working knowledge of ACD Call Queue systems & ACD performance management.
- Demonstrated sales success, ability to promote sales culture, sound judgment, problem solving skills, positive/professional approach with strong communication skills, and development and awareness of emerging trends in the delivery of financial products and services.
- Must be able to work well with highly motivated individuals with the objective of assisting the individual in the meeting their performance goals.
- Must be adept in use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other data base applications.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- NMLS, Notary, Medallion or any other certification required or required to be obtained & maintained.
The Service Center Manager will lead the Service Center Assistant Manager, Senior Service Center Representatives, and Service Center Representatives.
CHECK OUT OUR IC PERKS!
To be considered for this position, please click link below or apply on our company website:
- Primarily In Office with Remote Capabilities.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopier/scanner, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Physical requirements include, but are not limited to, general office environment, ability to move floor-to-floor, ability to travel from branch to branch, and ability to work unusual hours as needed including early mornings, evenings and weekends. Work in both traditional and open concept environments.
REQUIRED COMPLIANCE TRAINING
Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and complies with all regulations, which apply within the scope of the position, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and all regulations that fall within the BSA.
IC Federal Credit Union is federally insured by NCUA, is an Equal Housing Lender and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.